Friday, March 28, 2008

My First Angel

I am a volunteer photographer for the organization called 'Now I Lay Me Down To Sleep.' I provide a free service to parents who give birth to a baby who is likely to pass away or has already. I received a call a couple of nights ago from a coordinator who asked me to photograph a baby who would was not likely to survive the night. I was at the hospital in less than 30 minutes. There I met Rudy, a sweet Angel who was born at 34 weeks gestation. He has a condition which is "not compatible with life" as the nurse explained it. I spent some time with this grieving family and took some photos of them. It was an experience I'll never forget.

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

As of Sunday, March 30th, Rudy is still fighting for life.
Last update: Rudy passed away, he spent 8 days with his family which was a miracle!

7 comments:

Yearsley Family said...

Sonja those pictures are so touching. I am so gald that you are so willing to do something that special. They are beauitful pictures. How do you keep from falling apart?

Sonja said...

My secret? I prayed before I left the house. My eyes did water a little bit as I was leaving, but I'd do it again in a heartbeat.

Jan said...

Those are just beautiful Sonja. I bet you feel so honored in being so close to those precious babes. A good work indeed.

Debie Spurgeon said...

It's a wonderful blessing to those families to have memories of their little ones that leave this earth.

Unknown said...

It takes a special heart and a special talent to pull this off tastefully. You did an awesome job.

You have such a gift for capturing emotion!

Jodi said...

Those pictures are beautiful Sonja! Seriously brought tears to my eyes. You really captured the moments perfectly!

loveall4 said...

THANK YOU Sonja for those beautiful pictures u took of my son. There's still not a day that goes by that I don't think of Rudy,We are blessed to have these great memories, God bless you....


Pena Family