Friday, August 21, 2009

God light paints too.....

It's called lightning and it's quite deadly, but lots of fun to photograph. I was out for about 20 minutes last night and got my "holy grail" of a picture before the rain started to pour. My trick was to set the camera to Manual, use auto focus on the lens to find a light far away and focus on it, set it to manual focus, set the aperture to 5.6 and set the shutter speed to 30 seconds. I zoom out as far as possible to get as much sky, I point it up so there's very little land (it's just black anyway and a waste of space) and then start shooting. It was a real trick to guess where the next strike would be, the storm was all around me.

Here are my two best shots.....

Photobucket

Photobucket

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I wish you health and happiness every day!
Ich wunsche Ihnen Gluck und Gesundheit jeden Tag!
Je vous souhaite sante et bonheur chaque jour!

網路行銷
seo

Anonymous said...

正享除蟲服務項目:白蟻防治 跳蚤防治 蛀蟲 燻蒸防治 蟑螂防治 老鼠防治 蚊子防治 蒼蠅防治 螞蟻防治 蛾蚋防治 園藝防治
正享是專業的白蟻白蟻防治、除蟲專家,提供消除白蟻、白蟻防治、以及除蟲服務,只要您有惱人的白蟻困擾,找正享除蟲就對了。