Friday, August 14, 2009

Light Painting

Light painting is fun! It requires a camera, tripod, and a light source. I had 2 different flashlights and a flash that I could turn into a strobe. It also should be dark outside. In a nutshell, I set my camera to be open for 30 seconds (slow shutter speed), about f/8 to f/10 aperture, ISO 100 and just jump in front of it with my lights. I can draw in the air with the flashlight pointing at the camera or "paint" something else I see. Here are my results......

Photobucket

Photobucket

We came across some skater boys, they were very interested in what we were doing and I asked them if they'd hold my flashlights while skating. They were awesome!
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

One of my favorite shots, I painted the bridge with my bright light.
Photobucket

Photobucket

Here's a neat tutorial on how to light paint....


And a really neat video of some people who obviously love light painting...

1 comment:

LKP said...

I'm glad we atleast stopped by last night! The one of Michelle turned out awesome!!! =) Same with the skateboarders...but, my FAVORITE is the mural from the back of the fingernail. SERIOUSLY cool!!! =) If I can stay awake long enough tonight, maybe Daisy & I will give it a shot. Thanks again for the invite!